Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Blogger Lift #30

Blogger Lift:

Blogger Lift Is Hosted Here. and in Goodreads on YABC. Blogger Lift is a feature in which I'll promote blogs I follow and that I recommenced you.

Blogger Lift is Filled until next year! Thank you to all the Blogger who have participated and those who Signed Up!

More Info on Blogger Lift:
Requirements Of Blogger Lift


Featured this week:

The Reader's Antidote.

Meet The Blogger:
My name is Nicole Mainardi. I am a college student with an English major, and an avid reader, mostly of young adult paranormal novels. I'm living in the Los Angeles area, though I've lived in Arizona, Michigan, and San Diego. I play soccer, but that's about the only exercise I can stand. The first book website I belonged to was Goodreads where you can find many more of my book reviews. Since then I've become a member of netGalley and Librarything. I am currently finished with a very rough draft of my first novel of 103,000 words, which is a YA paranormal romance.


The Interview :D!

1. In Between Writing and Reading what do you like to do :)?
Well, I go to college full-time (not something I really like to do, but have to), spend time with my boyfriend, and play soccer when ever I can. But most of my time is monopolized by reading and writing, so there's very little I can fill the time with.

2. Convince me to join your blog twitter style. 140 Characters or less. GO!
The sad thing is that I actually opened up Twitter and typed in the box :D Here it goes:  [In Between note: Lol xD]

Young adult book blog where I read and review YA novels, dish out swoon-worthy book news, recap author events, and feature author interviews

...140 exactly.

3. A Fruit. A Hobby. A Car.

Fruit: Driscoll's raspberries, specifically. No other brand does it for me. I'm very particular with my raspberries.

Hobby: Would it be repetitive if I said writing? Writing really is my hobby though. And so is reading. Something's not right here...

Car: The car I currently own is a Saturn Ion, which used to be my mom's. I would LOVE an Volvo XC60, but I'll likely get the Volvo C30 which is equally as awesome.

4. A book to-be release in 2012 that you are Super Exited about.
I'm sorry, you're expecting just one? One ain't gonna happen. But I'll compromise and give you two: Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth and City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare.

5. The best past of Blogging so far?
The people are amazing! The blogosphere is so nurturing and caring and they really want you to do well. Also, getting to know authors in the interviews I hold has been a blast, and the fact that people actually care and comment on things that come from the dark depths of my demented mind is so humbling.

6. THE book you are most thankful of getting in your hands and reading?

Another unfair question! There's so many! I'll compromise again and give you three, because I really can't answer this question without all of these: Harry Potter and Sorcerer's Stone, Twilight, and City of Bones. Harry Potter got me back into reading, Twilight made me realize I wanted to write in the YA paranormal romance genre, and City of Bones inspires me to write on a daily basis. You see why I couldn't choose? These books have basically shaped who I am as a writer/reader.

7. and the Holiday Question: if you could invent a Holiday Book-Related, what would you name it and what would we do?

I would call it Awesome Day, but that doesn't really tell you what it is. I think I would call it Lit for Kids Day instead. It sounds kind of lame, but basically I think schools all over the United States (the WORLD if we could make it happen) should give their children the whole day off to read a book of their choice (which the parents would record for the school), and then have the child donate that book to some organization so that a child that has no books can read. I don't know, it's in the works people.


8. and now a detailed description of your blog ;)
Oooh details! *cracks fingers* Here we go:

My book blog is a place where I'd like to think readers and fellow bloggers can go to get their reading fix (hence the name). I give honest reviews of only YA novels, and most are paranormal romances. I host giveaways as often as I can with my budget and participate in weekly memes and reading challenges. I also go to as many author events near me as I can, and always give recaps of these signings for my readers. I started my own meme called Building My Bookshelf, which you can find on the tabs below the header. I will be updating people on the blog with my journey towards being a YA author. I have an author interviews page, which has been one of the funnest parts of blogging because not only does it give you a reason to talk to your favorite authors, but it also gives your readers extra insight into the books and authors they love as well. I just try to make it fun, not only for my readers and followers, but for myself as well.
 


Thanks For Being part of Blogger Lift Nicole! and sorry for the unfair questions x)

No comments:

Post a Comment